CONFERENCE DAY TWO: Thursday 13th October 2016
08:30 - 08:55 Registration & Coffee
12:00 - 09:00 Product Innovation
09:00 - 09:40 Optimising your E-Liquid: Improving product quality by looking at marketing studies in e-cig space to refine flavours
- Which flavours should be available within the new regulations?
- How do we keep innovating?
- How not to attract kids: Understanding the pleasure aspect of vaping and promoting it only to adults
09:40 - 10:20 Examining health related aspects of vapingRicardo Polosa - Director of the Institute for Internal Medicine and Clinical Immunology University of Catania in Italy
- Discussing the positive aspects of vaping by maximising emerging benefits and minimising potential risks
- Analysing the long term effects of switching to ECs illustrated for cardiovascular and respiratory systems in health and disease
- Looking at future areas of exploration with a particular focus on therapeutic nicotine and wellness
Ricardo PolosaDirector of the Institute for Internal Medicine and Clinical Immunology
University of Catania in Italy
10:20 - 10:40 Morning Networking Refreshments
10:40 - 11:20 Developing and working within the ISO standards: What do you need to have to be compliant?Stephen Buss - Director of Scientific Affairs Vape Compliance
- Examining how ISO standards could benefit your organisation to evaluate the benefits of obtaining licence
- Understanding the analytical requirements around ISO 9001
- Obtaining ISO standards through accreditation: Looking at the preparation and the application process
- Installing core management strategies to drive the business forward through continuous improvement
- Developing a specific standard that will enable e-cig brands to keep their boutique approach
- Examining methods for operating effectively within the current GMP standards
Stephen BussDirector of Scientific Affairs
11:20 - 12:00 Looking at the Next Generation Vapour Products: Looking into the opportunity of investing into new products like Synthetic Nicotine productsRon Tully - Founding Member Next Generation Labs - TFN Nicotine
- Understanding components and properties: What’s the science behind it?
- How to launch new products in the context of the new regulations?
- Exploring the organic PG component and its health related aspects
Ron TullyFounding Member
Next Generation Labs - TFN Nicotine
12:00 - 12:40 Understanding the impact of the regulations on the business environment: Driving innovations in the existing spaceGal Cohen - Head of Scientific and Regulatory Affairs PAX Labs, Inc.
- How do we actually meet the requirements of the regulators without loosing out?
- Creating kaizan groups to develop new products that will be in demand
- How does public health affect the growth of the industry and what can we do to capitalise on the positive research results?
Gal CohenHead of Scientific and Regulatory Affairs
PAX Labs, Inc.
12:40 - 12:00 Networking Lunch
12:00 - 13:40 The Legal Dimension: Ensuring compliance and fighting litigation
13:40 - 14:20 Fighting the Good Fight: Getting consumers to see the truth and getting a good word out thereRay Story - Founder & Chief Executive Officer TVECA
- Can we change the rules if we get together?
- Filing Litigations: The process and the outcome
- Examining potential risk and costs associate with filing litigations against regulatory bodies
Ray StoryFounder & Chief Executive Officer
15:00 - 12:00 Networking Break
12:00 - 15:20 What’s next?
15:20 - 16:00 Growth in the e-cig sector in a newly regulated environmentTim Phillips - Managing Director ECigIntelligence
- Looking at the growing competitive pressure in the e-cig sector
- Winners and losers: Examining consolidation and opportunity
- Enforcement: Effective application of regulations and understanding what it means for you
- Discussing trends for Innovation and analysing pace of change
16:00 - 16:40 What's Next? Lessons from the success of the e-cig industry so far: Strategies and plans for further expansionBo Ekberg - Member of the Management Board UK Ecig Store
- How did the e-cig industry get to where it is today?
- Looking at the impact of current regulations on the e-cig industry to evaluate what it means for the future strategies?
- Examining the main challenges for the smaller independent operators who have ambitions to continue to grow: Is the current environment too overwhelming?
- Taking your business internationally: Working with the emerging markets
Bo EkbergMember of the Management Board
UK Ecig Store
16:40 - 17:00 Chair’s Close and End of Conference
17:00 - 18:30 Creating great online user experience and making your websites more accessible for your customers
- Examining the journey the customer takes to reach you online?
- What are the steps taken and how can these be influenced to improve traffic and sales?
- What aspects of the e-tail design are crucial to take into the account to make it more successful?